Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Moonset on Apache Lake

1975.

Apache Lake is a little-known attraction located a couple of miles up the highway from my home. It doesn't have a name that I know of, so I named it myself. "Apache" is always a good name because they used to wander through this area. (This part of the Southwest is full of "Apache Peaks" and "Apache Springs.") I have another shot from this series which shows a duck swimming next to the reflection of the full moon. I'll post it if I ever run across it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jacques Conejo said...

That's gorgeous.

So how big is that lake? Is it clean - as in could you go there and swim or picnic?

Jacques

8:25 PM  
Blogger Gordon Solberg said...

I dunno... maybe 10 acres?

It's more of an alkali seepage lake. Has a lot of waterbird activity from the sound of it. But probably not ideal for humans.

Privately owned, but the State Parks Dept. recently bought the whole ranch, so who knows?

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Jacques Conejo said...

Hmmm... thanks.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home