Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Coming Soon to a Blog Near You

I’m still puzzling out what I’m supposed to be doing with this blog. I even had to delete a few posts to get closer to the flavor I’m striving for. Some subjects are obvious to write about, and there are also a couple of topics I don’t want to write about very much anymore -- politics and economics.

I spent a lot of time writing about politics during the Bush era. Some people think that’s all I ever write about. As long as the Bush emergency lasted, I figured it was my civic duty to keep the whine level as shrill as possible. Now that Obama and his crew are poised to take over, the pressure has eased a bit and we can relax a little and ponder our true situation.

I got what I wanted from my $150 investment in Obama – we aren’t going to have a crazy warmonger as president, and for that I’m grateful. Instead, we now get a team of sober-minded “national security hawks” running the show. At least I don’t have to worry about Neil getting drafted during the next couple of years. I wish the Obama Team the very best, but I see little role for citizens down at my level except to make the best of whatever we’re presented with from on high.

So much for politics, although occasionally they’ll be intruding themselves into these cyber pages, I’m sure.

The other subject I don’t want to write about very much is the economy and our ongoing -- and already-perpetual -- economic crash. I’m sure that all the readers of this blog run a quick risk/benefit analysis before undertaking any action whatsoever -- whether it be crossing the street or buying a home -- and are prepared to accept the consequences of their actions. There’s little I can contribute to this process.

So what’s left?

If I had a lick of sense I would never write about spirituality again, but the audacity of writing about the unwritable appeals to me very much. My brain is heating up; things are starting to boil over on the back burner once more, so before long I’ll probably be explaining the unexplainable yet again.

For the next little while I’ll probably be writing more homesteady-type stuff, like my “Buying Hay” and “Dechaosification” posts. The local and immediate – that’s the realm I can really relate to. The stuff that dreams are made of.

Speaking of dreams, I’ll be posting one of my “oldies” every Saturday morning before I leave for Farmer’s Market. I wrote a bunch of little stories back in the day... some of them are entirely fictional, others are autobiographical to some extent; the technical term would be “Sorta True-Enough Tales.” Except for the cyclist stories, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've been reading as best I can during the moving process. I look forward to having this project behind me, which should be fully accomplished in the next few days.

I look forward to having time to fully enjoy your blog posts. I scanned Laura's contribution the other day in a state of exhausted frustration and despite my mental state was enjoying what I was reading. Please pass that along.

Sounds like you're still churning in the effort to refine what you want to share.. I look forward to seeing the results of that process.
Keep up the good work... See you soon.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home